– July 1983: Jean-Emile and his wife Patricia open pâtisserie-chocolaterie Schmitt
– 1984: Induction into the Club Prosper Montagné
– 1993: preparation for MoF Chocolatier, qualification and admission to the semi-finals of the MoF (Meilleurs Ouvriers de France – Best Crafstmen in France).
– 1994: inclusion, with a rating of 3 chocolate bars, in the ‘Guide des Croqueurs de Chocolat’
– in the late 1990s, the chocolatier is awarded a 4th bar in the ‘Guide des Croqueurs de Chocolat’
– 2010 is a breakthrough year with the Award for best chocolatier in France. JE Schmitt also receives the score of five bars in the ‘Guide des Croqueurs de Chocolat’. This is the maximum score and has been awarded to only 12 other outstanding chocolatiers in France.
-After the launch of a second shop, the chocolaterie Schmitt becomes Schmitt Chocolatier, with growth supported by the return of Barthélémy and Jérôme (the two sons of JE Schmitt), who help maintain its reputation and its 5-bar ranking.
Barthélémy becomes manager of the new shop in Nancy, which he was instrumental in creating.
– 2013: for his first international competition, Jérôme Schmitt, a trained chef, takes 5th prize in the competition ‘le plus beau sapin Valrhona’ (The most beautiful Valrhona Christmas Tree), out of a field of 40 participants.